Thursday, February 14, 2008

Great Welsh Roads

A smashing little programme has returned to our television on a Thursday evening. It's called Great Welsh Roads, the web site for the programme is www.greatwelshroads.co.uk The presenter, Mike Parker, travels round Wales in a campervan.In previous series of the programmes, he had his faithful mongrel, Patsy,with him but sadly Patsy died in January. Mike writes a very moving tribute to Patsy which can be seen on the web site.
In my opinion,the programme would be worth watching just for the glorious scenery alone but apart from this,it's the history of the areas Mike visits and the people he meets that make it so interesting. He actually pronounces Welsh place names correctly! It's a little jewel of a programme which I thoroughly enjoy. It's only on for half an hour and sometimes I wish it was an hour long programme but on the other hand, I think the shortness of each episode just whets my appetite for next week's episode.
For anyone who would like to have a look at the web site, I've included a link which is on the right hand side of my blog. Have a look, I think you will agree that it's a great little programme.

2 comments:

Gledwood said...

I can't see it now (internet caff and not enough time)... but I've travelled enough Great Welsh Roads of my own they are amazing... the best journey went right through mid-Wales in Autumn from Llandrindod Wells to Cardigan right through the central country... amazing!

Debbie said...

Angie, I just left the Great Welsh Roads series and was so caught up in another world LOL, I think I left a comment for Mike and said Annie instead of Angie. I'm sorry.

Having spent 3 years in Germany traveling/camping/video in a VW Vanagon while in USAF, I was taken back in time! So calm, peaceful and serene. How I miss the lifestyle!

Thank you for sharing this experience with me today :)