Sunday, November 18, 2007

The Hill Climb

Some of you may have realised by now that I'm a cyclist. I've been in a local cycling club over 20 years and have cycled abroad and in the UK.For quite a few years our club used to hold a hill climbing competition. Now, a hill climber I am not! Don't get me wrong, I can get up some hills but when it comes to 1 in 4's, no way! So, I wrote this poem.
The Hill Climb

Some day, I'll ride the hill climb,
Mind, I say this every year,
But when it comes right down to it,
My heart is filled with fear.

Picture the scenario, a hill that's one in four!
Can I get up that on my bike?
Oh, no,of that I'm sure!

So to those brave souls,
that do and dare,
I'll give a rousing cheer,
as I stand at the foot of that steep hill
and say,"Think I'll have a go next year!"

2 comments:

BoxxTomoi said...

Thank for your birthday wish in my blog.Very nice blog you got here.
Keep on cycling !!

Gledwood said...

i ALWAYS walk up hills with my bike!

(well I used to... when I still HAD a bike ~ haha!)

;->...